FireSteel Survival 3.15 with Scraper and Lanyard
- 1.525 Ounces
The FireSteel Survival™ Series by FireSteel.com are 5/16 of an inch thick.
This FireSteel.com Survival 3.15 FireSteel comes with a neatly drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous FireSteel.com Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
This FireSteel is a mid-way diameter between the smaller Ranger FireSteel rod series and the favorite of the US Army and US Air Force survival specialists the larger Armageddon FireSteel series rods.
- FireSteel Rod Size: 5/16 inch diameter by 3.15 inches long
- Weight: 1.33 ounces (37.7 grams) without optional MG Tinder rod
- Optional Magnesium Tinder Rod (3/8" x 3")
- Weight with Magnesium Rod: 1.808 ounces (51.24 grams)
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com FireSteel Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 24-inch long lanyard made of genuine military spec 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
* Survival FireSteel and FireSteel Survival are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
This stuff is well priced and creates showers of hot sparks so easily. Lanyard is a great part of the whole kit as well. Works so well! Going to buy many more for all my bags.
I'm making some gift fire starters from FireSteel.com, along with a few other items. These throw amazing sparks just as the ones in their videos and I'm sure my tins will be a huge hit!
Better sparks and total overall value.
FireSteel brand rods are simply superior to other brands in my opinion. I have used several different brands, and although few did very well at throwing sparks, the FireSteel brand simply out performed the others with showers of super hot sparks consistently. And this Survival size is just perfect for around the neck, pocket, pack or tin. You don't have to order just one for a sample, go ahead and buy a few, you certainly won't regret it.
This firesteel is one of many that I have owned, and is by far the best quality I have ever seen! Great product.. Will get more in the future. Cheers, JTM
This, like all the firesteels is a great fire starter but I find the size to be a great balance of relatively compact size for portability in a tinder box but beefy enough to grip well and last for a long time. Also, the lanyard hole is a great size to put on a ring for EDC. Ring also functions as a grip/handle and holds scraper. Yet another great Firesteel.com product.
Bought this for a stocking stuffer after buying our own and loving it. Great size and works wonderfully!
The striker throws great spark showers and is very easy to handle.
Amazing product and quick delivery. I've used a lot of fire starting tools in my years of military service and backpacking. I received my order in about 2 days. I took this FireSteel with me on a trip this past weekend and it's just the right size for traveling light. I used it several times with some cotton ball tender and never had a problem starting a fire.