FireSteel Survival 3.15 with Scraper and Lanyard
- 1.525 Ounces
The FireSteel Survival™ Series by FireSteel.com are 5/16 of an inch thick.
This FireSteel.com Survival 3.15 FireSteel comes with a neatly drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous FireSteel.com Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
This FireSteel is a mid-way diameter between the smaller Ranger FireSteel rod series and the favorite of the US Army and US Air Force survival specialists the larger Armageddon FireSteel series rods.
- FireSteel Rod Size: 5/16 inch diameter by 3.15 inches long
- Weight: 1.33 ounces (37.7 grams) without optional MG Tinder rod
- Optional Magnesium Tinder Rod (3/8" x 3")
- Weight with Magnesium Rod: 1.808 ounces (51.24 grams)
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com FireSteel Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 24-inch long lanyard made of genuine military spec 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
* Survival FireSteel and FireSteel Survival are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
This is my second purchase from Firesteel. I was very pleased with my firt one and went to them to get a couple of smaller firesteels for my BOATs (Bug Out Altoid Tin). Nice fit. Know the steel and scraper will work well. Almost finished with the BOATs.
Fire steel Works exactly as it is advertised. Price is great. Everything you could ask for.
I love having options and this certainly gives me another option for firestarting. I teach fire building and am always anxious to show new methods and techniques.
I work as a conservation land manager helping oversee more than 300,000 acres in Maine. In function of my work, I spend a considerable time camping in remote locations. The FireSteel Survival 3.15 with scrapper, magnesium, and lanyard proves to be rock solid from a safety and preparedness perspective, but just as important, and also from my on-the-ground experience, is excellent for day to day use. Since acquiring my kit, it’s been lighting my cooking fires and stoves successfully on a near daily basis. This FireSteel Survival 3.15 package is simply a no-brainer if you work or spend considerable time in the woods, and like to be nimble. Light, compact, and well put together, you will not be disappointed with these extremely usable fire starting tools. Quite simply, the FireSteel Survival 3.15 works.
Great sparks, easy to use and great price!
Of the products, I like the fire steel Armageddon 3.0 the best. I make knives and have started adding them to the sheaths for a extra. I also have been adding deer antler tips to the end of the rod to give a little extra to hold on to when striking. I do this by drilling out the antler and using epoxy to secure. This makes the rod easier but looks good to. Great product, great price. I have been recommending this product to other campers and people in my Boy Scout troop.
This is most likely the smartest option,thousands of lights for a very reasonable price,got one set up for my day pack and one for camping, and i will never worry about carrying or losing a lighter again.these firesteels are great and very easy to use.
This stuff is well priced and creates showers of hot sparks so easily. Lanyard is a great part of the whole kit as well. Works so well! Going to buy many more for all my bags.
I'm making some gift fire starters from FireSteel.com, along with a few other items. These throw amazing sparks just as the ones in their videos and I'm sure my tins will be a huge hit!