The FireSteel Survival™ Series by FireSteel.com are 5/16 of an inch thick.
This FireSteel.com Survival 4.0 FireSteel comes with a neatly drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous FireSteel.com Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
This FireSteel is a mid-way diameter between the smaller Ranger FireSteel rod series and the favorite of the US Army and US Air Force survival specialists the larger Armageddon FireSteel series rods.
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteels: FireSteel.com!
- FireSteel Rod Size: 5/16 inch diameter by 4 inches long
- Weight: 1.69 ounces
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com FireSteel Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 26-inch long lanyard made of genuine military spec 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions.
* Survival FireSteel and FireSteel Survival are trademarks of FireSteel.com
I have tried many flint and steels. I have had the best luck with Firesteel products. The Survival 4.0 with scraper and lanyard is a good set, with a good length for generating sparks, and keeping your hand away from the tinder.
I’ve heard great things about this product and I wanted to try it for myself and good lord is it great. The amount of spark you get from one strike is mind blowing. Will be buying more in the future.
Perfect size and works great. My 6 year old uses it with ease as I teach him Bushcraft survival skills. Will defiantly be purchasing more from firesteel.com
Best firesterl alloy I have found. Big fat gobs of molten metal instead of sparkler sparks!
Get these, don't mess around with others
The best firesteel rod I've ever used at this cost. I will be buying some extras for my friends that hike and camp. Great value, quality and performance!!!
This is my third order for FireSteel. Used it, loved it and then ordered more for sons and son-in-law.
They all use them mostly for camping. Now had to reorder for grandsons. When they can start a camp fire with my FireSteel I give them one of their own. Takes a little practice but after a while you will prefer it to matches or a lighter.
Simply an outstanding product! The FireSteel really, truly, produces lots of sparks, and does it easily at that! The scraper has a proper 90 degree edge that works well with the ferro rod. Personally I find that a ferro rod of about 4 inches is the minimum for easy use, but these rods are made in pretty much whatever size you want. I will be buying more of these!
Excellent sparks. works like a charm.
The cheap ferro rods and magnesium on Amazon or Ebay don't work even half as well as this.