The FireSteel Bunker™ Series by FireSteel.com are 1/2 of an inch thick.
This is a big 1/2 x 4-inch Bunker 4.0™ FireSteel.com FireSteel with pre-drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous FireSteel.com Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
A convenient package that keeps your scraper close by your FireSteel at all times
The big thick Bunker Junior FireSteel is a good size for long term survival kits where you want to be sure you can start many thousands of fires.
Find out why FireSteel.com is rated #1 by thousands throughout the world!
- Size: 1/2 inch diameter by 4 inches long (12.7 x 101.6mm)
- Weight: 3.34 ounces
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 24-inch long lanyard made of 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- FireSteel Rods with FireSteel Scrapers and Lanyards
- Blank FireSteel Rods
- FireSteel with Extras
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
* Bunker FireSteel and FireSteel Bunker are trademarks of FireSteel.com
The scraper and rod are excellent. The magnesium rod is an added bonus for getting my fires lit. Throws tons of sparks.
Sparks fly. Works great. I have not found any better ones out there!
I have a great deal of respect for these firesteels. I spend allot of time in the back country. I always bring Bic lighters etc.. And the only thing that hasn't let me down are the firesteels I carry always.
Very good product in my opinion. When everything is failing these do not.
I wanted a big firesteel as my main firesteel that would last for years. The Bunker 4.0 is perfect for this, just the right thickness to length ratio. The hole is just what I wanted because a wood handle on a rod this thick would just be too thick. The Super Scraper provides a great two finger hold and it attached with real paracord.
I don't trust the quality in any firesteel if it didn't come from Firesteel.com, PERIOD.
This works great. A little dry tinder and I have a fire! Guess I'll leave the unreliable lighter at home from now on. First use in "somewhat less than ideal" conditions lit off quasi-dry grass debris immediately with only one strike. This firesteel continues to both amaze and please me. Well worth the money. (BTW - it does work when wet!)
Just picked up one for a 7-day canoe trip. I used it instead of my lighter. It started the fires with ease. Normally just a few strokes. The sparks are hot and started fires quickly.
I had never used a fire steel before and was shocked at how easy it was to light tinder, even without magnesium shavings. "Seriously? Beginner's luck!," I thought. Then I lit another pile, and another, and another...Once the black coating is completely scraped off, there WILL be some serious sparks flying. Even a novice (yes, that would be me) can get tinder to light on the first or second strike. I was so impressed that I ordered a "gobspark" for a friend and will probably be ordering more as stocking stuffers. What can I say - the thing works great!
This thing works exceptionally well! Speedy delivery and perfect packaging. I haven't got to use it in the woods yet but I'm having a ball in the fireplace! Thanks Firesteel