The FireSteel Bunker™ Series by FireSteel.com are 1/2 of an inch thick.
This is a very big firesteel: the 1/2 x 4-inch Bunker 4.0 FireSteel™ by FireSteel.com with pre-drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous FireSteel.com Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
Optional Magnesium Tinder Rod (3/8" x 3") add-on available! Add one of our Magnesium Tinder Rods and you'll be assured of the ability to start a fire even in damp conditions!
A convenient package that keeps your scraper close by your FireSteel at all times
The Bunker FireSteel is a good addition to preparedness caches; its huge diameter guarantees the ability to start many thousands of fires.
Put a Bunker FireSteel kit in your bunker and never worry about starting a fire again!
Find out why FireSteel.com is rated #1 by thousands throughout the world!
- Size: 1/2 inch diameter by 4 inches long genuine FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Weight: 3.518 ounces (99.72 grams) or 3.80 ounces (107.72 grams) with optional MG Tinder rod.
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 26-inch long lanyard made of 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Optional 3/8" x 3" Magnesium Tinder Rod add-on.
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Add one of our Magnesium Tinder Rods and you have the means to start a fire even in damp conditions!
- FireSteel Rods with FireSteel Scrapers and Lanyards
- Next FireSteel size smaller: FireSteel Bunker Junior
- Blank FireSteel Rods
- FireSteel with Extras
* Bunker FireSteel and FireSteel Bunker are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
This is a great fire steel, I have used it multiple times and it works great every time. Delivery was really fast and the whole experience with Fire Steel was great. I would order again if needed
I bought a couple extra to have on hand or give as gifts. I have purchased this product from this company a few years back and used it for camping. Love it!
The scraper and rod are excellent. The magnesium rod is an added bonus for getting my fires lit. Throws tons of sparks.
Sparks fly. Works great. I have not found any better ones out there!
I have a great deal of respect for these firesteels. I spend allot of time in the back country. I always bring Bic lighters etc.. And the only thing that hasn't let me down are the firesteels I carry always. Very good product in my opinion. When everything is failing these do not.
I wanted a big firesteel as my main firesteel that would last for years. The Bunker 4.0 is perfect for this, just the right thickness to length ratio. The hole is just what I wanted because a wood handle on a rod this thick would just be too thick. The Super Scraper provides a great two finger hold and it attached with real paracord.
I don't trust the quality in any firesteel if it didn't come from Firesteel.com, PERIOD.
This works great. A little dry tinder and I have a fire! Guess I'll leave the unreliable lighter at home from now on. First use in "somewhat less than ideal" conditions lit off quasi-dry grass debris immediately with only one strike. This firesteel continues to both amaze and please me. Well worth the money. (BTW - it does work when wet!)
Just picked up one for a 7-day canoe trip. I used it instead of my lighter. It started the fires with ease. Normally just a few strokes. The sparks are hot and started fires quickly.