The FireSteel Survival™ Series by FireSteel.com are 5/16 of an inch thick.
This FireSteel.com Survival 3.15 FireSteel comes with a neatly drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous FireSteel.com Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
This FireSteel is a mid-way diameter between the smaller Ranger FireSteel rod series and the favorite of the US Army and US Air Force survival specialists the larger Armageddon FireSteel series rods.
- FireSteel Rod Size: 5/16 inch diameter by 3.15 inches long
- Weight: 1.33 ounces (37.7 grams)
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com FireSteel Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 24-inch long lanyard made of genuine military spec 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteels: FireSteel.com!
* Survival FireSteel and FireSteel Survival are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Product works great and arrived in good time . Would probably go with a slightly bigger size for next order
This combo is perfect for EDC go bags & any 'emergency' kits. These rods throw numerous very hot sparks especially with this striker. Add your favorite tinder (cotton ball w/vasline, cattail fluff, or cottonwood fluff) and you'll have a good fire going in no time.
'stay safe keep warm have fun and whittle to keep your sanity'
ol greybeard dino
Without question the best fire striker on the market. Throws more sparks bar none.
Survival 3.15 is perfect size fits in a small kit and a big job drie or wet, it gets the job done.
I purchased two of these for gifts. It is the exact same firesteel I keep in my fire kit.
FireSteel Survival 3.15 works great! bought 2 extra for both my sons. Very happy with my FireSteel.
The reason why you buy a FireSteel is because it does what you need it to do. No Hype required. Put one in your fire kit. You will be glad you did.
This is my second purchase from Firesteel. I was very pleased with my firt one and went to them to get a couple of smaller firesteels for my BOATs (Bug Out Altoid Tin). Nice fit. Know the steel and scraper will work well. Almost finished with the BOATs.
Fire steel Works exactly as it is advertised. Price is great. Everything you could ask for.