The FireSteel Armageddon™ Series by FireSteel.com are 3/8 of an inch thick & provides plenty of big molten sparks yet fits well in most survival kits.
- Size: 3/8 inch diameter by 2,2.5,3,4,5, or 6 inches long (9.5 x 76.2mm)
- Weight: .85, 1.05, 1.26, 1.67, 2.09, or 2.5 ounces (24, 30, 36, 47.5, 59, or 71 grams), respectively
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Blank FireSteel Rods
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
* Armageddon FireSteel and FireSteel Armageddon are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Listen. It sucks trying to get inferior metals to spark. This brand is phenomenal. You can throw sparks quite a ways with this. I just use the back of my Mora knife that I filed a sharp 90 on and it works perfectly. Trust me. These are the steels you want. This company specializes in this. They stake their entire reputation on this. Plus they are from New Hampshire and that’s my home state so I’m a little biased! Smile.
Purchased the 3/8 Armageddon with strikers in 6,5, and 4 inch lengths. I carry them in my leather knife sheaths so 3/8 is fixed size fore me. These are great firesteels and Ron's customer service is even better. Highly recommend.
Hello. Like other reviewers, i debated between the 4", 5" or 6"! So glad i ordered the 6" Armageddon FireSteel! I wrapped 3" Gorilla tape and 1.88" Duck tape (to capture magnesium shavings in windy conditions) on one end of the rod. Ilma has been great to listen to ideas and assist with being 'prepper' innovative. I appreciate her and FireSteel.com Great products and terrific service!
Have bought several times from this company. Product has always been top notch. Speed of service has always been fast. Customer service was helpful the one time I had a product question. Prices are good. You may find something a few pennies cheaper, but that’s not a reason to buy from anywhere else, in my opinion, If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it and these guys have their act together.
Bought the 6” version—a beast. Love how it sparks. I actually like it better than my GobSpark. I do wish the lanyard hole was slightly larger — tough to get paracord through it. Highly recommend.
Wonderful Product...Hands down the Most effective Ferrocerium rods I have ever used...My family demanded that I get them these firesteels and to date I have bought at least 7. Together with the Magnesium rod, a fire can be started under almost ANY condition.. In fact, shredded jute twine will burst into flame with a good shower of sparks from one of these sticks..
Have been very happy with these products i ordered from Mr. Ron fountain
Wish I had purchased the 6 inch though.
Bought this ferro rod to fit in my ltwright knives ferro rod sheath attached to the bushbaby's sheath, doesn't disappoint.