The FireSteel Armageddon™ Series by FireSteel.com are 3/8 of an inch thick & provides plenty of big molten sparks yet fits well in most survival kits.
- Size: 3/8 inch diameter by 2,2.5,3,4,5, or 6 inches long (9.5 x 76.2mm)
- Weight: .85, 1.05, 1.26, 1.67, 2.09, or 2.5 ounces (24, 30, 36, 47.5, 59, or 71 grams), respectively
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Blank FireSteel Rods
- Rods of the next smaller diameter:
- Rods of the next larger diameter:
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
* Armageddon FireSteel and FireSteel Armageddon are trademarks of FireSteel.com
I knew what I was buying
I have several of these and different models. They work great. I have given them to friends and family. Only four stars because of the price.
Fire steel Armageddon
As a Bushcraft/Survival skills expert with decades of experience in some of the most demanding environments on earth, I can testify to the quality of these rods. None better out there!
Awesome Ferro rods!
Excellent product! These work far better than other cheap stuff you find on the market. These spark easily, and the size selection enables you to select the right size for your survival kit. I liked the first two I bought so much, I bought two more.
I got the 4 inch FireSteel with the hole in the end. It fits in my sheath loop just perfect. The hole allows me to put something through it to keep it from falling through. I love it and just want to thank you for this neat steel.
Best fire steel in the solar system
Perfect travel size and exceptional fire starter
Now I know
I have used many ferro rods over the years including several firesteels. I have long ones, short ones, skinny ones and fat ones but when I got the Armadeddon, I set up a safe place to give it a go. The second scrape and the shower of very very hot sparks flew in such abundance that my tinder bundles was engulfed before I could pick it up. I have never seen such a tremendous volume of hot sparks from anything I have ever used. The reason it took me two scrapes was simply I was not utilizing the scraper as I should have. On the second scrape, I have enough sparks spewing forth, before I had traveled an inch. They simply don't get make better products than these guys at Firesteel. I will be ordering more in the very near future to make sure we have double redundancy in our emergency supplies for each member of my family.
Want sparks? But these
Listen. It sucks trying to get inferior metals to spark. This brand is phenomenal. You can throw sparks quite a ways with this. I just use the back of my Mora knife that I filed a sharp 90 on and it works perfectly. Trust me. These are the steels you want. This company specializes in this. They stake their entire reputation on this. Plus they are from New Hampshire and that’s my home state so I’m a little biased! Smile.
Purchased the 3/8 Armageddon with strikers in 6,5, and 4 inch lengths. I carry them in my leather knife sheaths so 3/8 is fixed size fore me. These are great firesteels and Ron's customer service is even better. Highly recommend.