The FireSteel Armageddon™ Series by FireSteel.com are 3/8 of an inch thick & provides plenty of big molten sparks yet fits well in most survival kits.
- Size: 3/8 inch diameter by 2,2.5,3,4,5, or 6 inches long (9.5 x 76.2mm)
- Weight: 1.2 ounce (34 grams)
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Blank FireSteel Rods
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
* Armageddon FireSteel and FireSteel Armageddon are trademarks of FireSteel.com
I’ve developed the Pivot Locking Kydex firesteel holder and these are for the Kydex customers I make Sheaths for. I wouldn’t buy my ferro rods at any other place but firesteel.com. It started with the 1/2” X6” rod I bought 4 years ago and I think they’re perfect.
It takes a much sharper edge to scrape off sparks than what I am used to. This implies it's a much harder steel. From what I have read, a harder steel is easier to get sparks on a short scrape from the end. I did not find this to be true with this steel. So at this time, i am not impressed.
Great size for your pocket or pack. Throws hot sparks like crazy.
Absolutely hands down best ferro rods around !!
Just what I was looking for. Small enough to carry on a key ring with the small scraper in your pocket but still big enough to get a firm hold and throws enough spark to get the job done. Obviously won't throw a shower of sparks like the 7" rod in my fire kit but in an overnight stranded situation it will save a life.
If you have not tried firesteel flame throwers your missing out. Firesteel is the best . I always have one on me. Use it you'll see.
Amazing product with an outstanding company behind it, couldn't be happier used it to start a fire right out of the box worked without a hitch .
This is the best for steel I've ever used. It throws massive sparks every time, with the firesteel striker which is shaped perfectly. Very fast shipping, and extremely good and fast customer service. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a good firesteel.
I have plenty of ferro rods, still do, and all work to some extent, even the cheap chinese made ones. I expected a lot more from this company, and boy did i get it! It came fast and easy, and very reasonably price, I'd even say inexpensive. After scraping off the coating, and then using the included scraper, also a MUST buy, i was throwing sparks across my driveway, lighting the night. Some even burned so long and hot that they hit the ground after a 4 foot drop and continued to burn. This steel is like no other. I have had made damp feather sticks ignite like seasoned fat wood shavings. I'm definitely buying again. Beyond impressed, and dollar to fires started, this is going to end up being a small percentage of a penny for each fire lit. Don't buy cheap chinese ferro rods anymore, or expensive Swedish ones, buy an inexpensive, American made product that will pretty much guarantees you a fire every time if your skills are up to it.