The FireSteel Armageddon™ Series by FireSteel.com are 3/8 of an inch thick & provides plenty of big molten sparks yet fits well in most survival kits.
- Size: 3/8 inch diameter by 2,2.5,3,4,5, or 6 inches long (9.5 x 76.2mm)
- Weight: 1.2 ounce (34 grams)
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Blank FireSteel Rods
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
* Armageddon FireSteel and FireSteel Armageddon are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Anxious to put handles on these. They spark like crazy!
If you are looking for a dependable fire starter you need to look no further. These firesteels are amazing.
Great gifts for family and friends!
I’ve developed the Pivot Locking Kydex firesteel holder and these are for the Kydex customers I make Sheaths for. I wouldn’t buy my ferro rods at any other place but firesteel.com. It started with the 1/2” X6” rod I bought 4 years ago and I think they’re perfect.
It takes a much sharper edge to scrape off sparks than what I am used to. This implies it's a much harder steel. From what I have read, a harder steel is easier to get sparks on a short scrape from the end. I did not find this to be true with this steel. So at this time, i am not impressed.
Great size for your pocket or pack. Throws hot sparks like crazy.
Absolutely hands down best ferro rods around !!
Just what I was looking for. Small enough to carry on a key ring with the small scraper in your pocket but still big enough to get a firm hold and throws enough spark to get the job done. Obviously won't throw a shower of sparks like the 7" rod in my fire kit but in an overnight stranded situation it will save a life.
If you have not tried firesteel flame throwers your missing out. Firesteel is the best . I always have one on me. Use it you'll see.