FireSteel Armageddon 5.0 with Scraper and Lanyard
- 2.681 Ounces
The FireSteel Armageddon™ Series by FireSteel.com are 3/8 of an inch thick.
The 3/8 diameter x 6 inches long Armageddon 6.0™ by FireSteel.com with pre-drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
Add the optional Magnesium Tinder rod (3/8" x 3") and you'll be able to start a fire even in damp conditions.
Find out why FireSteel.com is rated #1 by thousands throughout the world!
- Size: 3/8 inch diameter by 5 inches long
- Weight: 2.681 ounces (78 grams) with optional Magnesium tinder rod: 2.963 ounces (84 grams)
- Magnesium Tinder Rod: 3/8" x 3"
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com FireSteel Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 24-inch long lanyard made of 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Optional Magnesium Tinder Rod: 3/8" x 3"
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
* Armageddon FireSteel and FireSteel Armageddon are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
I purchased the Armageddon 5.0 with magnesium rod added in addition to the Firesteel itself, striker, and lanyard. As far as quality the product is 5/5. The scraper itself is so good it makes cheap, lower quality rods even better. The steel itself throws an amazing spark and with some gre was t distance as well. With a steel on that level there really us t a need for the magnesium but it sure as hell is the icing on the cake. As for appearance 5/5 The steel or magnesium rod itself look very nice. The kit as a whole looks great. I'm not sure if they have an option but my only suggestion would make provide the possibility to get the paracord in different colors such as bright orange. You shouldn't be just leaving a tool this important on the cold wet ground but in the event something happens and falls out the green paracord and black rod can be hard to find I would imagine. On the other hand the magnesium rod and well used portion of the steel is so clean looking they could catch your eye if its light out. Hell, that magnesium rod is SO clean I wouldnt be surprised if it could be used for signaling. Packaging is 5/5 all day. Nothing special here which is what I love. You get your firesteel and / or kit in a very small box, no plastic at all and wrapped in your invoice and instructions. The instructions/help sheet also mentions they will use old newspapers if padding is ever needed. EVERY COMPANY SHOULD BE DOING THIS. Overall 5/5. Great products, extremely fair pricing, great quality, great performance, and great shipping materials. I would recommend (and have) Firesteel.com all day - every day.
As always firesteel.com got it right on the Armageddon 5.0. This is a must have item for any outdoors enthusiast, bushcrafter, etc. This fire steel is 5" long which allows for an easy grip in any condition. It is also "glove friendly" for use in cold weather. The added scraper allows for an awesome shower of sparks! I highly recommend you adding this fire steel to your arsenal!