The FireSteel Ranger™ Series by FireSteel.com are 1/4 inch thick.
Avalable lengths: 2", 2.5", 3", and 4"
FireSteel.com Ranger 2.0 or Ranger 2.5 FireSteel fit well in mini survival kits and the popular Altoid Tin survival kits that many people enjoy making.
The FireSteel.com Ranger 3.0 or Ranger 4.0 FireSteel are good choices for survival and firemaking skills instructors, scout groups and anyone who needs a firesteel that is inexpensive yet easy to use by those who many not have experience starting a fire with a FireSteel.
The length of the 3" and 4" rods makes it easy to hold onto, and there is plenty of firesteel to practice making fires and bring home for use hiking, camping, and practicing survival and fire making skills.
- Size: 1/4 inch diameter by 2, 2.5, 3 or 4 inches long
- Weight: .376 ounces (10.66 grams), .468 ounces (13.28 grams), .561 ounces (15.98 grams), .745 ounces (21.12 grams), respectively
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make hundreds of fires.
- Excellent sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Blank FireSteel Rods
* Ranger FireSteel and FireSteel Ranger are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
Approximately 28.6 FireSteel Rods per Pound of Weight
I dont think you can find a better fire steel out there. something about this metal is superior.
I bought 3 of the Ranger FireSteel Rods to attach to my Mora Knife sheaths using Ranger Bands. They are small and lightweight but put out lots of sparks. Glad I got them.
Many options that work great, priced right and in U.S.A.
With good tinder and know how you can start a fire easily with these steels. I always have one in my kit while in the bush.
from paper, rags, cotton balls, and even wood shavings these fire steels have no problem catching all of these items to fire up... even in a side ways snow storm!!!
Easy to use, made this part of my EDC
Just like to keep one of these in my pocket or wallet. Never know when you're going to need a shower of sparks for a fire in a hurry.
The firesteels I buy from FireSteel.com all are the best and most affordable.I use them with my paracord tying And i incorporate a firesteel and a knife with a neck lanyard. It's my own design.
A simple must have!! Shipping was crazy FAST!! Why wouldnt you have some firesteel??