The FireSteel Ranger™ Series by FireSteel.com are 1/4 inch thick.
FireSteel.com Ranger FireSteels fit well in mini survival kits and the popular Altoid Tin survival kits that many people enjoy making.
The FireSteel.com Ranger 3.0 FireSteel is also a good choice for those who are giving classes on firemaking skills and seek a firesteel that is inexpensive yet easy to use by those who many not have experience starting a fire with a FireSteel.
The length of the rod makes it easy to hold onto, and there is plenty of firesteel to practice making fires and bring home for use hiking, camping, and practicing survival and fire making skills.
- Size: 1/4 inch diameter by 3 inches long (6.35 x 76mm)
- Weight: .53 ounce (15 grams)
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make hundreds of fires.
- Excellent sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Blank FireSteel Rods
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
* Ranger FireSteel and FireSteel Ranger are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Approximately 28.6 FireSteel Rods per Pound of Weight
I bought this 1/4 inch firesteel to replace the one in my survival shovel unused a 1/4 tap/die to add a thread to this firesteel it threaded reasonable easy and now have my new firesteel installed back into my shovel..
Compact and do all. Throws sparks like all their other rods. I should get free stuff just for buying all this stuff and reviewing it. hahahaha.
excellent rod, perfect size. lots of sparks
I was wanting to make a small fire kit to put in the fold of my wallet. This FireSteel that's 1/4" thick, 2-1/2" long (same length as a dollar bill is wide) is the perfect size! I then wrapped it with cotton, then painter's tape on the outside. Perfect to start a fire (sparked with a pocket knife) in an emergency!
FireSteel's ferrocerium rods are the absolute best, whether shaving of magnesium to get things going in damp weather, or striking a spark. I've tried a lot and these are now all I use.
A little fat wood and a lot of sparks and.......FUEGO
Great tool. I give them out to my Hunter Ed students. They get to practice and are thrilled to get their own.
So I have to admit, I found their website completely by accident when I was researching where to buy a fire steal from, I guess there’s no coincidence there. So what I was looking to do is build a kit for my fall hikes and winter hikes that would give me more flexibility with my fire starting methods. I had tried a bunch of them before from online retailers mostly, cheap stuff off of Amazon, and I’m not afraid to admit it. The quality of these fires steels however, gives me much more peace of mind in knowing that I’m adding a higher quality piece to my kit. You really won’t be disappointed in trying any of their products and in a pinch it’s great knowing you have the best version of whatever you need on hand.
Excellent product good spark lights easily.