The FireSteel Ranger™ Series by FireSteel.com are 1/4 inch thick.
Avalable lengths: 2", 2.5", 3", and 4"
FireSteel.com Ranger 2.0 or Ranger 2.5 FireSteel fit well in mini survival kits and the popular Altoid Tin survival kits that many people enjoy making.
The FireSteel.com Ranger 3.0 or Ranger 4.0 FireSteel are good choices for survival and firemaking skills instructors, scout groups and anyone who needs a firesteel that is inexpensive yet easy to use by those who many not have experience starting a fire with a FireSteel.
The length of the 3" and 4" rods makes it easy to hold onto, and there is plenty of firesteel to practice making fires and bring home for use hiking, camping, and practicing survival and fire making skills.
- Size: 1/4 inch diameter by 2, 2.5, 3 or 4 inches long
- Weight: .376 ounces (10.66 grams), .468 ounces (13.28 grams), .561 ounces (15.98 grams), .745 ounces (21.12 grams), respectively
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make hundreds of fires.
- Excellent sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Blank FireSteel Rods
* Ranger FireSteel and FireSteel Ranger are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
Approximately 28.6 FireSteel Rods per Pound of Weight
Worked excellent... Good quality you won't find better
Works perfectly. Exactly as described and would do business again.
This is my first fire steel, so without comparison I know that other's thoughts and opinions outweigh mine. However, my 4" Ranger is perfect for my needs, came exactly as described, and I especially appreciate the attention paid to the concept of sustainability (minimalist packaging, all paper/cardboard). Shipping took longer than predicted, but that is most definitely not the fault of Firesteel.com. I look forward to future purchases from this company.
I bought this 1/4 inch firesteel to replace the one in my survival shovel unused a 1/4 tap/die to add a thread to this firesteel it threaded reasonable easy and now have my new firesteel installed back into my shovel..
Compact and do all. Throws sparks like all their other rods. I should get free stuff just for buying all this stuff and reviewing it. hahahaha.
excellent rod, perfect size. lots of sparks
I was wanting to make a small fire kit to put in the fold of my wallet. This FireSteel that's 1/4" thick, 2-1/2" long (same length as a dollar bill is wide) is the perfect size! I then wrapped it with cotton, then painter's tape on the outside. Perfect to start a fire (sparked with a pocket knife) in an emergency!
FireSteel's ferrocerium rods are the absolute best, whether shaving of magnesium to get things going in damp weather, or striking a spark. I've tried a lot and these are now all I use.
A little fat wood and a lot of sparks and.......FUEGO