The GobSpark™ Ranger FireSteel by FireSteel.com adds a unique double lanyard hole handle to the popular Ranger FireSteel.
With a handle that was designed and is injection-molded (manufactured) right here in the United States, the GobSpark Ranger sports a 1/4 inch diameter x 2-1/2 inch long FireSteel that is made from the same world-class, great-gobs-of-sparks-producing formula that our other FireSteel.com FireSteel are famous for.
The design of the small handle allows for a better grip when scraping sparks from your GobSpark Ranger FireSteel. Your GobSpark Ranger FireSteel will come pre-strung with a FireSteel Super Scraper on a lanyard made from 24-inches of 550-paracord. (Color of the lanyard will vary.)
We came up with the idea of the GobSpark Ranger FireSteel kit to meet the demand for a cost effective way for our customers to obtain a world-class FireSteel and Super Scraper all-in-one kit. A favorite of scouting organizations as well as hikers and backpackers who have to watch every ounce that goes into their packs.
The 1/4 inch diameter rod is large enough to produce many hundreds of fires. It is super easy to hold on to your GobSpark Ranger Firesteel while scraping off sparks due to the way we designed for the lanyard to be strung through the two holes in the handle. You'll just have to get one to experience the ease with which such a compact piece of kit creates great gobs of sparks.
At this price point you can't go wrong ordering several GobSpark Ranger kits to scatter amongst your gear, vehicle's glove compartment, tool kits, fishing kits, etc. to ensure you can always start a fire when you need one.
- 1/4 inch diameter by 2.5 inches long Ranger 2.5 FireSteel
- Compact plastic handle with double lanyard holes
- 24-inch Lanyard made of 550 Paracord. Color may vary.
- A genuine FireSteel.com Super Scraper (also known as a "striker")
- Weight: .86 ounce
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod, plastic handles, nylon lanyard, ultra-hardened steel scraper blade
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel formulated to give great gobs of sparks.
- Enough FireSteel to make hundreds of fires.
- Excellent sparks that you expect from our FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
Related FireSteel Products
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
* GobSpark and GobSpark Ranger are trademarks of FireSteel.com
They named this outdoor tool appropriately for sure! Gob-0-spark!
I appreciate the excellent customer service when I had questions. This company is awesome. Too bad you don’t sell other survival stuff, I would buy more.
I buy these fire steels for the fire kits I make for friends and family. These fire steels throw mean sparks and have never failed me when needed. I trust these fire steels enough to place them in my children’s kits. These won’t fail you when it matters most. I am an experienced outdoorsman and I highly recommend them!
Get them while you can, they are a great addition to any bag you have. I love mine and know my son will love his.
Very solid firesteel, magnesium is nice and soft, catches the spark really easily.
For the size and the packability, these are the best. Comes with a killer striker also that you can use to shave wood. Normally use big rods, and this is just a backup. It works, it works. 'Nuff said.
I have enjoyed this kit as my first firesteel kit (also got a magnesium rod too). Dont forget to scrape off the coating, but once thats done they spark up all nice and easy.
Very packable and useful size. Much easier than a larger rod and spine of a knife to use when lighting a Bushbuddy twig stove. Inexpensive enough they make a great gift as well so I picked up a couple extra. Glad I did.
The GobSpark sold me. So when I saw these were in the store, I bought two without thinking twice. And just like their big brother, they throw a massive spark.
I demonstrated just how well these worked along with FireSteel's magnesium rods. I shaved down some of the mag rod into a lent and jute tender bundle, went out into a 5 degree high wind West Virginia winter. Without fail, the GobSpark Ranger hit the target and instantly burst into flame on the second strike.
I've always been a fan of FireSteel, but I am replacing most of my ferro rods with the GobSpark.