The GobSpark™ Ranger FireSteel by FireSteel.com adds a unique double lanyard hole handle to the popular Ranger FireSteel.
With a handle that was designed and is injection-molded (manufactured) right here in the United States, the GobSpark Ranger sports a 1/4 inch diameter x 2-1/2 inch long FireSteel that is made from the same world-class, great-gobs-of-sparks-producing formula that our other FireSteel.com FireSteel are famous for.
The design of the small handle allows for a better grip when scraping sparks from your GobSpark Ranger FireSteel. Your GobSpark Ranger FireSteel will come pre-strung with a FireSteel Super Scraper on a lanyard made from 24-inches of 550-paracord. (Color of the lanyard will vary.)
We came up with the idea of the GobSpark Ranger FireSteel kit to meet the demand for a cost effective way for our customers to obtain a world-class FireSteel and Super Scraper all-in-one kit. A favorite of scouting organizations as well as hikers and backpackers who have to watch every ounce that goes into their packs.
The 1/4 inch diameter rod is large enough to produce many hundreds of fires. It is super easy to hold on to your GobSpark Ranger Firesteel while scraping off sparks due to the way we designed for the lanyard to be strung through the two holes in the handle. You'll just have to get one to experience the ease with which such a compact piece of kit creates great gobs of sparks.
At this price point you can't go wrong ordering several GobSpark Ranger kits to scatter amongst your gear, vehicle's glove compartment, tool kits, fishing kits, etc. to ensure you can always start a fire when you need one.
- 1/4 inch diameter by 2.5 inches long Ranger 2.5 FireSteel
- Compact plastic handle with double lanyard holes
- 24-inch Lanyard made of 550 Paracord. Color may vary.
- A genuine FireSteel.com Super Scraper (also known as a "striker")
- Option to add one of our spectacular Magnesium Tinder Rods (3/8" x 3") so you can start a fire even in damp conditions
- Weight 1.07 ounces (30.28 grams. With optional Magnesium Tinder Rod: 1.35 ounces (38.28 grams)
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod, plastic handles, nylon lanyard, ultra-hardened steel scraper blade
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel formulated to give great gobs of sparks.
- Enough FireSteel to make hundreds of fires.
- Excellent sparks that you expect from our FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- High-quality Magnesium Tinder Rod optional add-on
Related FireSteel Products
* GobSpark and GobSpark Ranger are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
There are 2 of these with me EVERY day. Top shelf quality ferro rods that are there when you need them. Nice shower of sparks/compact size. You forget you're even carrying them...Until you need them.
Bought my first set in 2016. They are great. I have bought more to make other kits. Still carry one all times with me and use it.
I'm new to this and have loved being able to start a fire so easily! The magnesium slivers off so nicely and the sparks are so bright!
Perfect size to carry in the pack when hiking and it throws great sparks. A must have for backpack camping.
They named this outdoor tool appropriately for sure! Gob-0-spark!
I appreciate the excellent customer service when I had questions. This company is awesome. Too bad you don’t sell other survival stuff, I would buy more.
I buy these fire steels for the fire kits I make for friends and family. These fire steels throw mean sparks and have never failed me when needed. I trust these fire steels enough to place them in my children’s kits. These won’t fail you when it matters most. I am an experienced outdoorsman and I highly recommend them!
Get them while you can, they are a great addition to any bag you have. I love mine and know my son will love his.
Very solid firesteel, magnesium is nice and soft, catches the spark really easily.