GobSpark Armageddon and Palm Scraper 2 piece KIT
- 2.530 Ounces
Make upwards of 20,000 fires from one GobSpark™!
- NEW!!! Your choice of color: Safety Orange, Olive Drab (OD) Green, or Black!
- Matching Paracord lanyard is included
- Optional Magnesium Tinder Rod (1/2" x 3") add-on!
Invented by FireSteel.com to maximize your grip on this large FireSteel, you'll get the biggest most robust gobs of sparks you have ever seen from a FireSteel.
If the ability to make fires is important to you, this is the FireSteel to get.
People are calling our GobSpark Armageddon "the best firesteel in the world".
But don't take our word for it: read the reviews below and decide for yourself.
It's not "just a firesteel". It's a fire-making system.
The GobSpark Armageddon FireSteel starts with an ulta-unique and proprietary FireSteel handle attached to a big world-famous FireSteel.com Armageddon 3.0 FireSteel.
But there is much more:
- A BIG, ROBUST firesteel on a Robust Handle - the firesteel is a full 3/8ths-inch in diameter and 3-inches long
- An innovative handle designed for the firmest grip - even when your hands are cold or wearing gloves.
The included FireSteel.com Palm Scraper completes your kit:
- The innovative Palm Scraper™ handle with an ultra-hardened alloy blade - rave reviews for the shower of sparks it creates when applied to the GobSpark. Grasp the Palm Scraper handle in the palm of your hand or glove for a great grip even when wearing gloves or your hands are numb from the cold.
Easy to Use with Gloved or Cold Hands
Imagine trying to start a fire with hands numbed from the cold or while wearing gloves. A small blocky firesteel handle may be very difficult to hold onto.
But using a GobSpark™ Armageddon and Palm Scraper presents no problem, even with gloved hands.
I KNOW these work because I use them myself in the Great North Woods, where winter temperatures routinely dip to minus twenty degrees and lower. No need to remove my gloves to light my fire! My hands remain toasty warm inside my mittens.
In fact, if the GobSpark Armageddon didn't work, I'd be dead. How's that for product testing?
Easy to Aim Your Sparks onto the Tinder
To use this special FireSteel Handle (see video below as well as the pictures)
- Place the handle in the palm of your hand so that the firesteel lays between your index and middle fingers.
- Position your hand palm-down and place the FireSteel Rod next to your tinder.
- While holding the firesteel handle tightly, scrape the FireSteel rod hard and fast in one fluid motion
This will produce a massive shower of white hot 5500 degree F sparks aimed directly at your tinder.
The special shape of the handle allows for creative attachment to your belt or gear.
The FireSteel Palm Scraper™
This great piece of FireSteel.com gear securely snaps onto your GobSpark Armageddon FireSteel, serving double purpose as a protective case. The rectangular shape fits snugly into the palm of your hand or glove, so that you can scrape sparks from your firesteel even with heavy gloves on your hands or when your fingers are so cold you can hardly move them - potentially a life saver when you are freezing cold or wet from an overturned boat etc.
If you already own any one of our FireSteel.com Firesteel and just want the convenience of a Palm Scraper, you can purchase the Palm Scraper separately.
Here is one of our favorite testimonies that really sums it all up. Posted by SteveG on Mar 21st 2015
"As close to perfection as I've seen in a ferro rod system"
"Nothing compares to these. The real test, with gloves on, half frozen hands, shivering, and in the dark...the Gob Spark is still easy to use and always gets the job done. Typically one strike = fire (if you have done your job and prepared your tinder, of course) Commercial tinder, improvised tinder, even slightly damp tinder, they all light with ease. The big, long lasting sparks are essential for damp, cold environments.
I've demonstrated the Gob Spark in full, brilliant sunlight and still get a "WOW!" from those that see it in action. Gob Spark is the name and giant gobs of sparks are what you get.
But a better testament to just how good this product is: I grab it first, before the Bic and before the matches. It's just that damn good.
I really can't tell how long it will last. I've struck sparks with it several hundred times and it barely shows wear. Sure there are bright streaks and a little flattening of the rounded profile, but that amounts to negligible wear so far. It will last many years for me and probably a lifetime for most.
It is big and the handle makes it bulky, but when your hands are stiff from cold and you are shivering and unsteady, the large handles on the Gob Spark and it's striker make fire starting a simple task instead of a chore.
This is the best of the best." (Thank you, Steve. You've expressed exactly why I invented the GobSpark! - Ron.)
GobSpark Armageddon™ Specifications
- GobSpark Armageddon with handle by itself:
- 4-1/2 inches long (114mm)
- weight: 1.7 ounces (48 grams)
- GobSpark Armageddon with clicked on Palm Scraper:
- 5 inches long (127mm)
- weight: 2.53 ounces (71.94 grams)
- With Optional Magnesium Tinder rod (1/2" x 3")
- Weight: 3.12 ounces (88.54 grams)
Related FireSteel Products
* GobSpark, GobSpark Armageddon, Palm Scraper, Armageddon FireSteel and FireSteel Armageddon are trademarks of FireSteel.com.
Still not convinced? Check out just a few of the many reviews our happy customers have posted to YouTube demonstrating our products. Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
This setup is awesome. No small parts, everything is tied together, and the orange is hi-vis enough that you’ll never lose it when you drop it. Pick up one for every outdoorsman in your family.
This is a well manufactured product. I've used one for years to start camp fires and safely ignite our gas grill. I recently purchased one for my son.
Will be ordering more soon.
These are great. I have several of them. I love the grip and with the palm scraper it makes a great package. The firesteels are top quality. Highly recommended.
Outstanding! After testing it out just bought a second to have a backup.
These firesteels are incredible! They're rugged, husky, and I can't even imagine the number of fires I'll be able to start with them. Essential tools for so many uses. Everyone should have a couple of these around. Some in the house, in a gun bag, in the glove box... I'll be buying more!
Outstanding design & quality. I am very happy with the purchase.
The Armageddon Gob Spark is truly amazing I am 100% satisfied. I highly recommend this item Excellent Quality
This fire steel is absolutely the best I've ever found. My problem is, they are so incredible I wanted to share their excellence and ended up giving them away as a gift.