The FireSteel Ranger™ Series by FireSteel.com are 1/4 inch thick.
FireSteel.com Ranger FireSteels fit well in mini survival kits and the popular Altoid Tin survival kits that many people enjoy making.
The FireSteel.com Ranger 3.0 FireSteel is also a good choice for those who are giving classes on firemaking skills and seek a firesteel that is inexpensive yet easy to use by those who many not have experience starting a fire with a FireSteel.
The length of the rod makes it easy to hold onto, and there is plenty of firesteel to practice making fires and bring home for use hiking, camping, and practicing survival and fire making skills.
- Size: 1/4 inch diameter by 3 inches long (6.35 x 76mm)
- Weight: .53 ounce (15 grams)
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make hundreds of fires.
- Excellent sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Blank FireSteel Rods
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
* Ranger FireSteel and FireSteel Ranger are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Approximately 28.6 FireSteel Rods per Pound of Weight
I used this to replace a worn one on my keychain unit.
FireSteel works great , fair price and fast shipping . Will order from here again
There are so many ferro rods out there that its hard to tell what you'll get until to test it out and if its no good its too late. These rods worked great and lived up to the good reviews here and on the net.
The back of the blade on my Sog access card 2.0 knife strikes this ferro rod extremely well. So I made a thin homemade leather sheath to put both the knife and ferro rod into and then I put them into my wallet.
So now I have a great very sharp back up knife to be able to make feather stick fire tender with and a great ferro rod to be able to make a fire with those feather sticks and these two little awesome life saving tools are always with me in my Bosca double ID twelve pocket wallet.
It sure is nice to always be able to make an emergency or non-emergency fire any where I go.
Was told Firesteel.com had the best. Worked like a charm absolutely reliable. I won't use anything else with this new product.
Very fast shipping. Shower of super hot sparks.
They have very fast shipping and were wrapped to prevent damage in shipping I will be buying from you again
I made wood handles for these fire steels and gave them out as gifts. All my friends who use them can light their fires in one try. Best fire steels you can buy!
Don't know if there is a better product.