The FireSteel Ranger™ Series by FireSteel.com are 1/4 inch thick.
Avalable lengths: 2", 2.5", 3", and 4"
FireSteel.com Ranger 2.0 or Ranger 2.5 FireSteel fit well in mini survival kits and the popular Altoid Tin survival kits that many people enjoy making.
The FireSteel.com Ranger 3.0 or Ranger 4.0 FireSteel are good choices for survival and firemaking skills instructors, scout groups and anyone who needs a firesteel that is inexpensive yet easy to use by those who many not have experience starting a fire with a FireSteel.
The length of the 3" and 4" rods makes it easy to hold onto, and there is plenty of firesteel to practice making fires and bring home for use hiking, camping, and practicing survival and fire making skills.
- Size: 1/4 inch diameter by 2, 2.5, 3 or 4 inches long
- Weight: .376 ounces (10.66 grams), .468 ounces (13.28 grams), .561 ounces (15.98 grams), .745 ounces (21.12 grams), respectively
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make hundreds of fires.
- Excellent sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Blank FireSteel Rods
* Ranger FireSteel and FireSteel Ranger are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
Approximately 28.6 FireSteel Rods per Pound of Weight
The back of the blade on my Sog access card 2.0 knife strikes this ferro rod extremely well. So I made a thin homemade leather sheath to put both the knife and ferro rod into and then I put them into my wallet. So now I have a great very sharp back up knife to be able to make feather stick fire tender with and a great ferro rod to be able to make a fire with those feather sticks and these two little awesome life saving tools are always with me in my Bosca double ID twelve pocket wallet. It sure is nice to always be able to make an emergency or non-emergency fire any where I go.
Was told Firesteel.com had the best. Worked like a charm absolutely reliable. I won't use anything else with this new product. Very fast shipping. Shower of super hot sparks.
They have very fast shipping and were wrapped to prevent damage in shipping I will be buying from you again
I made wood handles for these fire steels and gave them out as gifts. All my friends who use them can light their fires in one try. Best fire steels you can buy!
Don't know if there is a better product.
Great product ! Works as expected and I will buy from them again !
This is such a great firesteel. What ever is in this thing, it works.
Customer service was great. My order was prosseced quickly and the product is awesome I tested it out after adding some deer antler to the ends making a couple of fire steels. these things throw out globs of sparks.