These are the new Square FireSteel™ Series by FireSteel.com.
The Square FireSteel 3.0 is a rectangle 3/8ths of an inch on a side by 3 or 4 inches long. Available with or without a lanyard hole.
- Size: 3/8 inch x 3/8 inch by 3 or 4 inches long SQUARE profile rod
- Available with or without pre-drilled lanyard hole
- Weight: 2.049 ounces (58.10 grams) or 2.707 ounces (76.73 grams) respectively
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make hundreds of fires.
- Excellent sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
* Square FireSteel and FireSteel Squares are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
Top notch. Showers of sparks.
Works Great. Looks like ^^Mark^^ doesnt know how to properly scrape a firesteel though.
Damn! I thought the round ones were good. So it takes some getting used to the flat edge being there from the start. I've seen guys use the edge on some youtube videos to get some serious sparkage but that really defeats the purpose. Just keep a steady hand and practice and you'll never go back to a round rod. I've got about four in all my kits. Thanks, man!
Very dissapointing. A real pain to use. Scraping on a flat side produces tiny sparks that never make it to the tinder. Scraping along an edge can produce good sparks, but are difficult to aim accurately. I do not experience this with any other FireSteel.com ferro rods, which are top-notch. I will reduce this square steel to a pile of shavings to add to my home-made tinders.
The best firesteel I have used. Produces big huge sparks and is easy to hold and handle. I definitely would recommend.
If you could have only one firesteel this should be the one! Not only is it innovative but it works really well. I have mine on a leather thong that wraps wound my belt so it can never get lost. Did I say that it has a predrilled hole in it?... Great Stuff...get one...you will see for yourself!
I purchased the firesteel because my son took the one that I already had. I keep one on me always for EDC. You never know when you will need a fire and the Firesteel.com firesteels have never let me down. I've carried one for years and they have never let me down.
I can't believe nobody has thought of this before. Very smart design. The squared edges allow more to be scraped in a smaller stroke giving you what compares to the sparks of a 6 inch rod in a 3 inch package. I will be making a new leather sheath for my knife with a pouch attached just for this. Great product.
Okay, so maybe sparks aren't really "juicy," but this Square FireSteel 4.0 throws out lots of big, fat sparks! Make sure you've got your tinder arranged to catch them, because even though they're big and fat, they don't last forever. Note to first time owners/users: Make sure you scrape through the black protective coating before expecting to produce sparks. The big, fat (juicy) ones hide underneath it! I highly recommended this FireSteel.com Square FireSteel 4.0! I'm confident you'll love it!