These are the new Square FireSteel™ Series by FireSteel.com.
The Square FireSteel 3.0 is a rectangle 3/8ths of an inch on a side by 3 or 4 inches long. Available with or without a lanyard hole.
- Size: 3/8 inch x 3/8 inch by 3 or 4 inches long SQUARE profile rod
- Available with or without pre-drilled lanyard hole
- Weight: 2.049 ounces (58.10 grams) or 2.707 ounces (76.73 grams) respectively
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make hundreds of fires.
- Excellent sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
* Square FireSteel and FireSteel Squares are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
I have used these many times in the past and I have learned that I can count on them every time. They are simple to use and the amount of hot sparks they produce is phenomenal. I keep one in my pocket for EDC because you never know when you will need a fire. I also order a few every year to give as Christmas presents and they are always popular. I highly recommend them.
The square is VERY EFFECTIVE, Its scrapes easier than round in my opinion. I Modified it with a cherry wood handle.its my go to Firesteel. Carry in my Ontario Afghan molle pouch,LOVE IT!!
I bought one of these due to being curious about how it would compare to a round firesteel. I'm impressed! I handed it to my wife and told her to build a fire- the sparks from the new flat side rod looked like someone was welding. Great product- more sparks, and seemed hotter.