FireSteel Armageddon 3.0 with Scraper and Lanyard
- 1.852 Ounces
The FireSteel Armageddon™ Series by FireSteel.com are 3/8 of an inch thick.
This rod is the 3 inch long Armageddon 3.0™ FireSteel by FireSteel.com with pre-drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
Add the optional Magnesium Tinder rod (3/8" x 3") and you'll have the means to start a fire even in damp conditions.
This FireSteel is one-inch shorter than the favorite of the US Army and US Air Force survival specialists - the regular sized Armageddon FireSteel (3/8" x 4"). If storage space is critical (as it may be in your survival kit), we recommend going with this slightly shorter 3" long rod for your emergency kit.
- Size: 3/8 inch diameter by 3 inches long
- Weight: 1.62 ounces (45 grams)
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Total kit weight: 1.852 ounces (52.50 grams). With optional Magnesium Tinder Rod: 2.134 ounces (60.5 grams)
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com FireSteel Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 24-inch long lanyard made of 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Optional Magnesium Tinder Rod (3/8" x 3")
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Ability to start a fire even in damp conditions by including the Magnesium Tinder Rod add-on.
- FireSteel Rods with FireSteel Scrapers and Lanyards
- Blank FireSteel Rods
- FireSteel with Extras
- FireSteel Armageddon Junior with Lanyard Hole
- FireSteel Armageddon Junior with Scraper Lanyard and Magnesium
* Armageddon FireSteel and FireSteel Armageddon are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
I was very impressed with the quality of my Firesteel rods, but I had to change the 26" lanyard with an old shoestring because it wouldn't fit over my head so I can wear it around my neck. That way, if I lost everything in the river, I would still be able to start a fire and survive.
We tried the FireSteel product and 1st try were able to start a fire! We are extremely happy with our new product from FireSteel and have recommended it to our friends and family.
This Fire Steel Rod work beautiful on a camping trip and in training at a primitive survival as well as in our Wilderness First Aid class. We have try other types and either they fail in the field or take to much effort to get a spark (SWISS Fire Steel. I would depend on your company product in a disaster (and have)for lighting any fire, lantern, candle, etc.. We have use got approval for individual of our SAR Team to buy some for their kits.
WOW this damn thing creats nore sparks then any other I've ever used. I was in the USAF survival school. Wish I had one back then
Years ago i bought a different brand of 'steel and striker' and the 'steel' broke on first use. I never felt the urge to try one again. But recently, I was growing frustrated with my fire making abilities with the constant wind and rain here lately. I saw a post on a forum I frequent extolling the virtues of the 'FireSteel'. I bought it - It works - and perfectly!! I have been playing with it with various stoves and even in the wind I can get my fire going with 2 or 3 strikes of the steel. The 3" steel is easy for my big mitts to handle and the unit with lanyard can be carried in any number of ways. Shipping? Wow! I ordered on a Saturday - was notified that item was shipped a couple of hours later - and received it on Monday. Half way across the US.
great fire steel the best magnesium i have ever used.
The glowing reviews are accurate. Don't waste any more time. Buy from FireSteel. Great customer service and an amazing product. The Armageddon Junior is perfect for a compact kit due to its size. The super scraper works great and creates a shower of sparks.
I have used the GobSpark in tandem with the Magnesium. (Many times with this firesteel the Magnesium isn't required.) That being said, this is a great product in a small package. Perfect for hiking, camping, or survival kits.
This was my second order from FireSteel. Easy to use and light for our hiking and camping packs. And, I'm just a girl that can start a fire with a little dryer lint packed in a used toilet paper roll! Mine are still good after 2 years. I bought the new ones for friends.