FireSteel Bunker 5.0 with Scraper and Lanyard
- 4.310 Ounces
The FireSteel Bunker™ Series by FireSteel.com are 1/2 of an inch thick.
This is a very big firesteel: the 1/2 x 5-inch Bunker 5.0 FireSteel™ by FireSteel.com with pre-drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous FireSteel.com Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
Optional Magnesium Tinder Rod (3/8" x 3") add-on available! Add one of our Magnesium Tinder Rods and you'll be assured of the ability to start a fire even in damp conditions!
A convenient package that keeps your scraper close by your FireSteel at all times
The Bunker FireSteel is a good addition to preparedness caches; its huge size guarantees the ability to start many thousands of fires.
Put a Bunker FireSteel kit in your bunker and never worry about starting a fire again!
Find out why FireSteel.com is rated #1 by thousands throughout the world!
- Size: 1/2 inch diameter by 5 inches long genuine FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Weight: 4.310 ounces (122.18 grams) or 4.592 ounces (130.18 grams) with optional MG Tinder rod.
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 26-inch long lanyard made of 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Optional 3/8" x 3" Magnesium Tinder Rod add-on.
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Add one of our Magnesium Tinder Rods and you have the means to start a fire even in damp conditions!
- FireSteel Rods with FireSteel Scrapers and Lanyards
- Next FireSteel size smaller: FireSteel Bunker Junior
- Blank FireSteel Rods
- FireSteel with Extras
* Bunker FireSteel and FireSteel Bunker are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
No way will I wear out my FireSteel Bunker 5.0 from overuse. My son and grandsons will enjoy its use long after I'm gone. When I first tested my new steel, it both sparked and lit my Vaseline-permeated cotton ball immediately.
The bunker is huge and will last a life time, Because of its size it will work well with gloves on if its cold out side, versus a small rod, I have a lot of fire starting devices and this is my favorite now!
The Ferro Rod is amazing. Tried using one of my fixed blade knives and I get a good consistent shower of sparks using that.
Used as directed. A little Magnesium wood scrapings and big sparks from the Fire steel rod. It took me 5 minutes to get wood scrapings going from there in was all campfire.
This large "Bunker" model fero rod strikes large showers of sparks easily and should outlast me. Got it with the striker and lanyard- and I like the striker, too. The long rod provides a good grip and allows for a long stroke with the striker. The sparks are large, and many of them burn with a sizzle after being struck. I used to use flint and a steel striker and char cloth. Now I'm spoiled. Plan to order some more FireSteel Rods.
I bought two FireSteel Bunkers for me and the hubby's Zombie Preparedness Bags for his birthday, along with a dress shirt and tie for him. I received very polite thank-you's for the shirt and tie. For the FireSteel, I received a high five and kiss. haha. It's an excellent product and works flawlessly. Thanks, FireSteel.
I'm looking forward to using my firesteal every chance I get! I recommend getting the scrapper with it so as not to dull a knife with constant use.
The Bunker Fire Steel 5"×1/2" of fire making steel with an excellent scraper. I have 4 Fire Steels 2 Armageddons, 1GobSpark and the Beastly Bunker all with Strikers. When I received the Armageddons I was sick and wasn't able to leave a review but because of their excellent performance I've ordered the GobSpark and Bunker. I keep one in all of my backpacks so I'm never without and the Bunker is always in my pocket or backpack, it is a massive and absolutely effective tool, because of FireSteel I'm never without the ability to strike a life saving fire. Thank you Ron and Firesteel.
After I opened it, I tried the GobSpark a few times with the black layer coating still on it and the oil coating, too. It made a few sparks. After a few strokes, I got through the black layer and then I wiped the oil coating off of the striker. Then **Poof**. A shower of sparks and the tinder went up on the first stroke. I had never made a fire using a "flint & steel" method before. This GobSpark and a few instructions from FireSteel.com on how to use it makes it really easy.