FireSteel Bunker 5.0 with Scraper and Lanyard
- 4.310 Ounces
The FireSteel Bunker™ Series by FireSteel.com are 1/2 of an inch thick.
This is a very big firesteel: the 1/2 x 5-inch Bunker 5.0 FireSteel™ by FireSteel.com with pre-drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous FireSteel.com Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
Optional Magnesium Tinder Rod (3/8" x 3") add-on available! Add one of our Magnesium Tinder Rods and you'll be assured of the ability to start a fire even in damp conditions!
A convenient package that keeps your scraper close by your FireSteel at all times
The Bunker FireSteel is a good addition to preparedness caches; its huge size guarantees the ability to start many thousands of fires.
Put a Bunker FireSteel kit in your bunker and never worry about starting a fire again!
Find out why FireSteel.com is rated #1 by thousands throughout the world!
- Size: 1/2 inch diameter by 5 inches long genuine FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Weight: 4.310 ounces (122.18 grams) or 4.592 ounces (130.18 grams) with optional MG Tinder rod.
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 26-inch long lanyard made of 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Optional 3/8" x 3" Magnesium Tinder Rod add-on.
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Add one of our Magnesium Tinder Rods and you have the means to start a fire even in damp conditions!
- FireSteel Rods with FireSteel Scrapers and Lanyards
- Next FireSteel size smaller: FireSteel Bunker Junior
- Blank FireSteel Rods
- FireSteel with Extras
* Bunker FireSteel and FireSteel Bunker are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
This thing is awesome. Throws a ton of sparks, one nice and easy strike. I wouldn't own any other.. Definitely the best ferro rod I have ever used. The striker is the best also.
There simply is nothing better on the market anywhere!
I own a lot of different ferro-rods and I still believe Firesteel.com products are the best. If I am heading into the woods for a day or a week, I have at least 1 Firesteel.com rod with me. The 1/2" Bunker rods throw a nice big spark. I live in an area with birch bark and balsam fir sap all around, so I don't plan on needing the magnesium, but with it on there I know that even on a rainy day I will get a fire going. I have some of Firesteel's smallest rods, many different medium sizes and these 1/2" rods. They all throw a great spark, but I do think that if the weight isn't a big issue, the bigger rods make a larger spark that can catch less fine tinder material better. Cotton balls are great for the small rods but with these I can get birch bark, and Old Man's Beard moss with balsam fir sap on it to catch easily. And brown cattail heads catch a spark even better than cotton but they burn FAST ! Firesteel.com is the best. They are in every pack I own and they go out in the woods with me every time !
I think this product will serve me for a long time. The FireSteel is pretty big...it just has a slight bent to it and I just wished it didn't. But the main thing is that it throws great sparks!!!
I having used many firesteel products over the years. This is the best. The design is super - great scraper, easy to hold with gloves, love the way the parts fit together, and with the lanyard, the parts are difficult to misplace. Great addition to a survival kit. Highly recommended. The shipping and service is excellent - Thanks again Ron
If you can't start your fire with this setup, you must be trying to start it underwater!
Can't go wrong with this one. I Definitely recommend it.
Shower of sparks. ! Enough said ! Semper fi !
Good products that you can trust; good service (Ron F. must live at the P.O.); overall experience with Firesteel and its products - enjoyable!