The FireSteel Survival™ Series by FireSteel.com are 5/16 of an inch thick.
A FireSteel.com FireSteel that gives an excellent shower of large sparks and fits well into many survival kits, the Survival FireSteel will never let you down!
The FireSteel Survival 4.0 is 5/16 of an inch in diameter and 4 inches long.
- Size: 5/16 inch diameter by 3.15 or 4 inches long
- Weight: .933 ounces (26.5 grams) or 1.164 ounces (32.99 grams) respectively
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Available with or without neatly drilled lanyard hole
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions.
- Blank FireSteel Rods
- Rods of the same diameter:
- Rods of next smaller diameter
- Rods of next larger diameter
* Survival FireSteel and FireSteel Survival are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
Approximately 21.5 FireSteel Rods per Pound of Weight
I connect one of these firesteels and a Super Scraper together using a split-ring and then attach the split-ring to my car key ring. Whenever I have my car keys with me, I have the means to make a fire. I also keep a Firesteel, Super Scraper, compass and a Storm Emergency Whistle on a paracord lanyard in the glove box of each car.
All Firesteels sold by this company are great, it is just a matter of picking the right size for your application. I picked up this one because I wanted something thick enough to fit a .30 cal bullet casing I am using for handles. The 4" length is to allow a god amount to be glued into the handle as well as a lot of rod to use. A tip with long rods is to not scrape the whole length, it is just not needed, scrap the last 2" of the rod and when that eventually wears out you still have a 2" rod left to do it all over again!
The Firesteel with lanyard hole makes it simple to add a scraper, and even a magnesium bar, to assemble a great kit to have in the car, your go bag, or anywhere you might need fire-starting gear.
You picked up the fire steel survival 4.0 and mounted it into a hunk of deer antler. It throws sparks like a forth of July fireworks show. I can't wait to head for the woods and try it out. Ordering on lineand shipping was fast and easy, my fire steels arrived on time and undamaged
I make my own handles (holders) and have had one for a while now. It works. I am now going to make some up for gifts for friends.
Arrived in great condition using the packing slip to protect the product was a clever idea. I ordered two and have one mounted in a handle I made, took it outside and it throws sparks so I am happy..
I have tested this product and compared with similar products and it is the best. I am very pleased
The MOST dependable flame thrower.... This ain't a sparker y'all! It's a ball of fire thrower. All of them from mini to huge! Buy it! Save time and money, and perhaps the lives of you and loved ones ........ I have tried em all( I build fire tools with fatwood handles), trust me. There are NO better ferro rods anywhere. PERIOD!!
Just plain great! Try one of these next to your bud's wally world toy and watch him throw his into the trash. You can start a fire in the rain with one of these.