The FireSteel Survival™ Series by FireSteel.com are 5/16 of an inch thick.
A FireSteel.com FireSteel that gives an excellent shower of large sparks and fits well into many survival kits, the Survival FireSteel will never let you down!
The FireSteel Survival 4.0 is 5/16 of an inch in diameter and 4 inches long.
- Size: 5/16 inch diameter by 3.15 or 4 inches long
- Weight: .933 ounces (26.5 grams) or 1.164 ounces (32.99 grams) respectively
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Available with or without neatly drilled lanyard hole
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions.
- Blank FireSteel Rods
- Rods of the same diameter:
- Rods of next smaller diameter
- Rods of next larger diameter
* Survival FireSteel and FireSteel Survival are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
Approximately 21.5 FireSteel Rods per Pound of Weight
This item gives off in abundance of sparks, I will be adding additional fire steels to my outdoor gear in the near future.
For a few years now I've been using FireSteel.com rods & strikers. I've included them in EDC kits, vehicle kits & emergency go bag kits. They've always worked above n beyond any of the 'bargin' brands due to throwing more and hotter sparks. You can't go wrong picking up any of their rods. 'stay safe keep warm and whittle to keep your sanity' ol greybeard dino
Not only does this firesteel work, but it has been fun learning to use it properly on this camping trip. Although my party sometimes laughs at my efforts to make a fire from scratch just to cook up a steak on a rock, it's all part of the adventure. I made a wood handle for my steel and it has been working great. It is very satisfying to finally set your sticks ablaze using this woodsman's tool. Also, huge shout out to the FireSteel team for their excellent customer service and friendliness! Be safe out there!
Great heft, amazing amount of sparks, and lightning delivery with a personal handwritten thank you note attached..this steel will last forever! Very pleased!
My order arrived just when I thought it would. I ordered it late on a Sunday evening of a holiday weekend. Got confirmation within Hours. I got exactly what I needed, I had 3 pc's of deer antler I put these in for gifts to friends and family. Glad I found this site now I can get what I want at a fair price and not have to wait 6-8 weeks for them. Thanks guy's. Jim Prentice
FireSteel.com offers extremely affordable and customizable products. I use my Survival 3.15 to light tinder for my woodstove nearly every night. It is the only steel that I have used thus far that throws off palpable heat with each strike. The sparks burn longer and hotter than my other brands: I set my tinder on fire, placed it in the stove, and looked down to find several chucks were still sparking. I also own two FireSteel Minis, and they function just as well. This is the only brand you will ever need.
I have many sizes of Firesteel.com rods, but the 3.15" with lanyard hole is a great size to attach to a knife sheath, or as I like to do, glue them into a fatwood handle. Along with the Super Scraper, my fatwood/fero rod tool gives me fire in the wettest conditions in a small package.
This firesteel is by far the best and easiest to use of all types I've tried. Great sparks with minimal effort, and it was delivered quickly even though I'm in Canada (ships from USA). I'll definitely be buying more of these!
You can't go wrong with the rods from FireSteel.com. They are by far, the best rods, with superior materials. When you are serious about having a fire steel that will actual light a fire, then you have come to the right place. Excellent materials, many size and variation options, and great prices make these ferro rods the best.