The FireSteel Survival™ Series by FireSteel.com are 5/16 of an inch thick.
A FireSteel.com FireSteel that gives an excellent shower of large sparks and fits well into many survival kits, the Survival FireSteel will never let you down!
The FireSteel Survival 4.0 is 5/16 of an inch in diameter and 4 inches long.
- Size: 5/16 inch diameter by 3.15 or 4 inches long
- Weight: .933 ounces (26.5 grams) or 1.164 ounces (32.99 grams) respectively
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Available with or without neatly drilled lanyard hole
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions.
- Blank FireSteel Rods
- Rods of the same diameter:
- Rods of next smaller diameter
- Rods of next larger diameter
* Survival FireSteel and FireSteel Survival are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
Approximately 21.5 FireSteel Rods per Pound of Weight
Very easy to carry EDC on your person. This and a FireSteel scraper and you are ready to light tinder in any weather conditions. Portable peace of mind.
I have ordered these many times. Initially some of the smaller bars (cheaper) and have moved up in size. I give them to family members and I have them in go bags. I am not the type that has mastered rubbing sticks together to start a fire but these work and are easy to use, wet or dry. The first time I ordered (several years ago) I was trying one out in my lap. I was using a tissue and with one strike I had a fire on my leg!! There are commercial brands that may have more advertising recognition but none that work better or as well.
Used with the Super Scraper, nice shower of sparks.
Comparing it to light my fire the fire steel is harder to spark. As in a lot of strikes with no sparks. The light my fire sparked very easily. With that being said yours will produce much better sparks bigger sparks and I feel start stuff in not so perfect conditions. Been using it to light crop residue drifts by using a little diesel fuel and been ignighting it easily. Beats a lighter in the high winds.
Scrape back the black and it's sparks galore. Worked great on mag bars, vaseline cotton and dryer lint. My only "gripe" is that the hole is a bit tight to easily thread paracord. I expect there are limits to the hole size on 5/16 so my next purchase will be larger diameters.
This was my first purchase through this company and am very pleased the product is exactly as advertised and works amazingly. Very easy to navigate site pick best item for me and order... very well priced and the order got to me very quickly. I also love how they wrap their product in info brochures and the invoice... awesome touch... thank you!!
This item gives off in abundance of sparks, I will be adding additional fire steels to my outdoor gear in the near future.
For a few years now I've been using FireSteel.com rods & strikers. I've included them in EDC kits, vehicle kits & emergency go bag kits. They've always worked above n beyond any of the 'bargin' brands due to throwing more and hotter sparks. You can't go wrong picking up any of their rods. 'stay safe keep warm and whittle to keep your sanity' ol greybeard dino