Using a knife or firesteel scraper, simply scrape the soft magnesium tinder rod to create a pile of magnesium shavings.
Spark your firesteel onto these shavings, which will catch on fire and burn very hot.
Note: magnesium rods only => scraper and firesteel shown in the pictures are sold separately.
This Metal Burns!
Simply scrape off a small pile of magnesium shavings using your knife or FireSteel.com Super Scraper.
When you apply a flame or spark from from your favorite FireSteel.com FireSteel, the magnesium shavings will catch on fire and burn at more than 4000 degrees F (2200 degrees C).
This extremely high temperature makes magnesium an excellent tinder for helping you start fires, even with damp kindling.
Your soft magnesium rod is naturally waterproof - will stay dry even if dunked in water.
Configure your magnesium tinder rods in the following ways:
FireSteel.comMagnesium Tinder Rods
|Diameter x Length
|Weight in Ounces and (Grams)||Add-Ons||SALE Price!|
|3/8 x 3||.282 (8.0)||-||$4.07|
|3/8 x 3||.282 (8.0)||Lanyard Hole||$4.57|
|3/8 x 5||.47 (13.33)||-||$4.87|
|3/8 x 5||.47 (13.33)||Lanyard Hole||$5.37|
|1/2 x 3||.592 (16.80)||-||$4.97|
|1/2 x 3||.592 (16.80)||Lanyard Hole||$5.47|
|1/2 x 5||.987 (27.99)||-||$5.97|
|1/2 x 5||.987 (27.99)||Lanyard Hole||$6.47|
Notes about FireSteel.com Magnesium Rods:
- Price shown is for one magnesium tinder rod - a picture may show two rods for the purposes of scale.
- The US Penny, flat silver scraper, firesteel and other accessories in pictures are not included. Only the magnesium tinder rod is included. (Don't laugh. We've had people ask.)
- The Magnesium Tinder Rods do not create sparks. Magnesium is used as a tinder to help catch your kindling (firewood, etc) on fire. You will need a source of sparks to catch the magnesium itself on fire.
- FireSteel.com Super Scrapers or Palm Scrapers to help shave your magnesium are sold separately.
- The FireSteel Blank Rods, FireSteel with Lanyard Holes, Square FireSteel, and GobSpark FireSteel that will make the sparks to ignite your magnesium also sold separately.
* Magnesium Tinder Rod is a trademark of FireSteel.com
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
None better. Really easy to use producing super hot flames.
EVERYTHING YOU COULD EVER WANT IN A MAGNESIUM TENDER ROD
Great Product .
Disappointed after reading ads. The two I bought take 5-9 strikes to catch and then burn out immediately. Mostly I have to try several to many ignitions before one slowly catches and stays lit. No flame up just smoldering under the top layer. Not very soft, comes off in tiny scrapes no sizable ribbons types. I'm no novice and use ferro rods, mag shavings and powder for years. Got some real no name cheapos that are real soft, scrap off big ribbons and light first time every time. Unfortunately, can't recall where i got them. Will use these two but it's a lot more work for less than I was lead to believe. Won't buy again. FireSteel.com Response: Hi, George. We're sorry to hear that you're disappointed in the performance of our Magnesium Tinder Rods. Please contact us at your earliest convenience if you'd like us to see what we can do to help. Thanks for letting us know about your experience. All the best to you and yours, Ron Fontaine, Owner, FireSteel.com
Highly effective, So very effective that when My family saw how easy and efficiently I could make a fire,
works great makes starting a fire a little easier
Shaves easily and catches spark effectively.
These folks have the best magnesium rods around. Best in class, especially for the price.
the real Magnesium element that rapidly combust , it scapes easily with the small scraper they manufacture , Thanks Mr. Fontaine