The SHTF FireSteel™ by FireSteel.com is 7/16ths of an inch thick and 3.15-inches long.
This FireSteel is talor made for when the SHTF (SH!T Hits the Fan).
- Size: 7/16 inch diameter by 3.15 inches long (11 x 80mm)
- Weight: 2.01 ounce
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- FireSteel with Lanyard Holes
- FireSteel with Extras
Get your FireSteel from THE name in FireSteels: FireSteel.com!
* SHTF FireSteel and Shit Hit The Fan FireSteel are trademarks of FireSteel.com
Approximately 9.1 FireSteel Rods per Pound of Weight
I am a repeat customer because the products are top quality, the communication is prompt and accurate, and the delivery is fast. Top marks for the team at Firesteel.com.
This is a nice thick firesteel that should last most people their entire lives! I hope they will offer it in 4 inch and 5 inch lengths some day soon!
Firesteel arrived quickly and sent sparks flying on just about anything I put it up against worth it 100%
I bought this specifically for my TOPS "Brothers of Bushcraft" knife. The factory kydex sheath has a round holder for a combination fire steel/magnesium rod. The factory fire steel/magnesium rod is a three-piece unit epoxied together so the actual fire steel portion is very small. This is not a knock on TOPS, I just wanted a larger fire steel. This friction fits the factory sheath holder perfectly, both in diameter and length. Very happy with it.
Fits perfectly inside the handle of my Chris Reeve hollow-handle spear-point knife.
This is the best fire steel I have found. It will light dried tree sap. It's thick and thus will practically last forever. It's basic-- no handle necessary. The best!
This one is far and away the best. Good price, great service, super quick shipper!
I bought this product hoping that it would perform well. I've been nothing but pleased with it. If you can't start a fire with this rod- stay at home.
Unbelievable amount of sparks. I use the back of my ESSEE 5 and was able to get a fire going during a thunderstorm last week. Great product, super fast shipping and a great price.
Good size. Long enough to hang on to, but short enough to keep in your pocket.