FireSteel Armageddon 3.0 with Scraper and Lanyard
The FireSteel Armageddon™ Series by FireSteel.com are 3/8 of an inch thick.
This rod is the 3 inch long Armageddon 3.0™ FireSteel by FireSteel.com with pre-drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
This FireSteel is one-inch shorter than the favorite of the US Army and US Air Force survival specialists - the regular sized Armageddon FireSteel. If storage space is critical, as it may be in your survival kit, the Armageddon 3.0 is an excellent choice.
- Size: 3/8 inch diameter by 3 inches long
- Weight: 1.62 ounces (45 grams)
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com FireSteel Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 24-inch long lanyard made of 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- FireSteel Rods with FireSteel Scrapers and Lanyards
- Blank FireSteel Rods
- FireSteel with Extras
- FireSteel Armageddon Junior with Lanyard Hole
- FireSteel Armageddon Junior with Scraper Lanyard and Magnesium
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
* Armageddon FireSteel and FireSteel Armageddon are trademarks of FireSteel.com
After searching the other "fire rod" selling businesses I decided that firesteel.com sold the best and use them in fire starting kits that I give as gifts to hunters, fishing and other outdoor users.
Years ago i bought a different brand of 'steel and striker' and the 'steel' broke on first use. I never felt the urge to try one again. But recently, I was growing frustrated with my fire making abilities with the constant wind and rain here lately. I saw a post on a forum I frequent extolling the virtues of the 'FireSteel'. I bought it - It works - and perfectly!! I have been playing with it with various stoves and even in the wind I can get my fire going with 2 or 3 strikes of the steel. The 3" steel is easy for my big mitts to handle and the unit with lanyard can be carried in any number of ways.
Shipping? Wow! I ordered on a Saturday - was notified that item was shipped a couple of hours later - and received it on Monday. Half way across the US.
The glowing reviews are accurate. Don't waste any more time. Buy from FireSteel. Great customer service and an amazing product. The Armageddon Junior is perfect for a compact kit due to its size. The super scraper works great and creates a shower of sparks.
I purchased an armageddon junior weeks ago, its a very thick and solid firesteel. I have used it a few times just to test it and see if it can take some abuse. I left it in a bucket of water outside, it was more like slush, and pulled the fire steel out and in two scrapes it was rockin and rollin. I purchased it with the lanyard and super scraper, which was an awesome package. Quality and price are amazing. Just an addition, I live in kansas, and recieved my steels in 3 days. Awesome customer service!
Great spark from a nice compact starter. Best I've had. Great for a backup or small kit.
I'm an ultralight guy, but I love my fire. Under $10 for something that's compact and good for a lifetime? Absolutely. I've gone through 3 Blastmatch rigs, and after one trip with my Firesteel, I wish I would have spent my money more wisely in the past. Nothing else compares.