FireSteel Bunker 4.0 with Scraper and Lanyard
The FireSteel Bunker™ Series by FireSteel.com are 1/2 of an inch thick.
This is a big 1/2 x 4-inch Bunker 4.0™ FireSteel.com FireSteel with pre-drilled lanyard hole, plus the famous FireSteel.com Super Scraper and lanyard to go with it.
A convenient package that keeps your scraper close by your FireSteel at all times
The big thick Bunker Junior FireSteel is a good size for long term survival kits where you want to be sure you can start many thousands of fires.
Find out why FireSteel.com is rated #1 by thousands throughout the world!
- Size: 1/2 inch diameter by 4 inches long (12.7 x 101.6mm)
- Weight: 3.34 ounces
- Robust 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- Composition: FireSteel.com ferrocerium rod
- Pre-drilled lanyard hole
- FireSteel.com Super Scraper (also known as a "FireSteel Striker").
- 24-inch long lanyard made of 550 paracord. Color may vary.
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel.
- Enough FireSteel to make many thousands of fires.
- Huge robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and very safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
- FireSteel Rods with FireSteel Scrapers and Lanyards
- Blank FireSteel Rods
- FireSteel with Extras
Get your FireSteels from THE name in FireSteel: FireSteel.com!
* Bunker FireSteel and FireSteel Bunker are trademarks of FireSteel.com
I have a great deal of respect for these firesteels. I spend allot of time in the back country. I always bring Bic lighters etc.. And the only thing that hasn't let me down are the firesteels I carry always.
Very good product in my opinion. When everything is failing these do not.
I wanted a big firesteel as my main firesteel that would last for years. The Bunker 4.0 is perfect for this, just the right thickness to length ratio. The hole is just what I wanted because a wood handle on a rod this thick would just be too thick. The Super Scraper provides a great two finger hold and it attached with real paracord.
This works great. A little dry tinder and I have a fire! Guess I'll leave the unreliable lighter at home from now on. First use in "somewhat less than ideal" conditions lit off quasi-dry grass debris immediately with only one strike. This firesteel continues to both amaze and please me. Well worth the money. (BTW - it does work when wet!)
Just picked up one for a 7-day canoe trip. I used it instead of my lighter. It started the fires with ease. Normally just a few strokes. The sparks are hot and started fires quickly.
This thing makes huge hot sparks. I tested it into an old cast iron tub and the sparks actually left burned indentations in the porcelain coating. I think it will do fine.
Just received the firesteel. I have not had a chance to use it yet. I cannot believe the large size. This steel should last a long long time. Very pleased with this steel. I feel certain it will work just fine for starting fires.
I bought this Bunker Junior a while back and been using it every chance I get. with great results every time wet or dry hot or cold fast or slow yes even slow scraping strokes create grate amount of sparks never a miss, wonderful!
As a beginning camper and over 60 years of age, the Firesteel is easy to use after a couple of practice sessions. Go ahead - try it - you won't be disappointed!
This is by far the best firesteel out there. I've tried most and none can hold a candle to these so easy to strike and when they say gobs of sparks they mean gobs of sparks - it looks like the drips that come off when using a cutting torch but about 2000 degrees hotter!