MagSlab FireStarter Kit & WindStorm Whistle Stocking Stuffer
LIMITED TIME ONLY!! WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!!
Get both a MagSlab™ FireStarter & a WindStorm Whistle in this kit.
Packed in a holiday bag, it's ready to be slipped right into a Christmas Stocking!
This Special Stocking Stuffer includes:
The popular MagSlab™ FireStarter by FireSteel.com combines our special soft magnesium slab with built in FireSteel.com Pup 3.0 FireSteel, a genuine FireSteel.com Super Scraper, and two feet of 550 paracord (thousands of survival uses) as a lanyard.
The Windstorm Whistle fits well where space is at a premium. If you are making small survival kits and want an exceedingly loud whistle that can be heard a great distance even in the thick forest or city, this is an excellent choice.
Not only is the MagSlab FireStarter a great choice for any kit, the added benefit of pairing it with the Windstorm Whistle makes this a valuable addition to your gear.
MagSlab Firestarter kit Features:
- Genuine FireSteel.com FireSteel, Magnesium Bar, Super Scraper, and 550 paracord
- Huge, robust sparks that you expect from a FireSteel.com FireSteel
- Easy to use and safe (Common sense required when using any firemaking gear).
- Premium FireSteel.com firesteel formula that takes your firesteel firemaking to a whole new level
- 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions
Tips for using this kit:
To use the magnesium as tinder, simply scrape a small pile of shavings off the soft magnesium bar using the attached Super Scraper and gather them into a small pile, about what would fit on a coin.
Flip the MagSlab over and use the same scraper/striker to scrape the 3/16th inch by 3 inch FireSteel rod along its length, aiming the sparks at your pile of magnesium shavings.
When a spark from the built-in FireSteel hits the shavings, the magnesium will easily catch on fire and burn at a temperature of more than 4000 degrees F (2200 °C). Make sure to have some additional natural tinder and kindling handy to add to your burning magnesium to build your fire.
A big advantage to carrying a piece of magnesium for tinder is that it will still work even if damp or wet. Just shake off the water and you're good to go!
Another great combination for starting fires under just about any conditions.
Windstorm Whistle Features:
- Weight: .48 ounce (13.7 grams)
- Dimensions: approx 2-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 3/4 inches
- Heard up to 1/2-mile
- Works underwater for up to 50-ft
- High impact plastic
- Built-in metal keyring so that you can tie a lanyard to it for easy carry or attach to your key chain as a handy emergency whistle.
- Works right-side up or upside down
- Available colors: black
Specifications for this FireMaking and Whistle Kit:
- Slab of soft magnesium that burns at 4,000 degress F: 3-inches long x 1-inch wide x 3/8ths-inch thick
- Built-in 3/16ths inch diameter x 3-inches long FireSteel.com FireSteel that makes 5500 F (3000 C) sparks that will start a fire in the toughest conditions.
- FireSteel.com Super Scraper - specially designed to maximize the amount of sparks from your FireSteel, also useful for scraping shavings off the magnesium slab.
- All attached to a Lanyard Cord made from 24-inches of genuine 550 paracord (a million and one uses). Color may vary.
- WindStorm Whistle in black
- Packed in a clear zipper bag with holiday themed decorations
* MagSlab is a trademark of FireSteel.com